Monday, June 01, 2015

 

TUESDAY, 9th Week in Ordinary Time

June 2, 2015 TUESDAY, 9th Week in Ordinary Time 
Sts. Marcellinus, Priest, and Peter, Exorcist
Green
  
Tb 2:9 –14 / Mk 12:13 – 17

[Sts. Marcellinus (d. 304), a priest, and Peter, an exorcist, were martyred under Diocletian.]

Reading: Tb 2:9 –14
     That same night, after I had buried the body, I returnedHOME. I washed myself and went out into the courtyard to sleep against the wall; my face was uncovered because of the heat. I did not see that there were sparrows on the wall of the courtyard and, as my eyes were open, the hot droppings from the sparrows fell into my eyes and formed a white film on my eyes. I went to find doctors to attend to me for medical treatment but the more ointments they smeared on my eyes, the more blind I became because of the film. Finally I became totally blind. I suffered from blindness for four years. All my brothers were burdened because of me. Ahikar kept me for two years before he departed for Elymiade.
     My wife Anna worked hard at a woman's task, weaving. On the seventh day of the month of March she cut the cloth and delivered it to herEMPLOYERS. They paid her wages and gave her, over and above, a young goat for food. When she returned home the kid began to cry. I said to her, "Where does the little kid come from? Did you steal it? Return it to its owners for we are not allowed to eat anything that is stolen."
     But she said, "It is a gift which has been given to me in addition to my wages." "I don't believe it. I tell you to return it to its owners." I was ashamed of her.
  She replied, "What aboutYOUR own almsgiving and your good deeds? I have to put up with all this from you."

Gospel: Mk 12:13 – 17
     They sent to Jesus some Pharisees with members of Herod's party, with the purpose of trapping him in his own words. They came and said to Jesus, "Master, we know that you are true; you are not influenced by anyone, and your answers do not vary according to who is listening to you but you truly teach God's way. Tell us, is it against the Law toPAY taxes to Caesar?  Should we pay them or not?"
     But Jesus saw through their trick and answered, "Why are you testing me? Bring me a silver coin and let me see it," They brought him one and Jesus asked, "Whose head is this, and whose name?" They answered, "Caesar's." Then Jesus said, "Return to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Reflection:
     In today's Gospel reading, the questions that the Pharisees and the Sadducees asked Jesus were another unfair attempt or plot to entrap Jesus in theological disputes so they could accuse him of heresy of even sedition. 
     Jesus refutes them head-on with precise replies which are not only theologically and scripturally sound but which also expose the supposed truth-seeking Sadducees for what they really are. When we allow situations and particular instances to determine truths for ourselves, like trying to justify lying and not telling the truth to protect our own feelings or those of others, we are acting like the Sadducees and areINDEED rejecting God's truth.
     Jesus' repliesCONFIRM that truth is not variable and that, with a clear understanding of God built through strong relationships, we would not fall into the same trap as the Pharisees and Sadducees. If all our actions and intentions are truly directed to God and his greater glory, we would not to worry about misunderstandings or trivia presented but instead truly acknowledge the power of God as the God of the living and of truth. We would know the truth not merely through speech but have that knowledge deeply imprinted in our minds and hearts, which the Pharisees and Sadducees missed. 
     God's truth teaches us to understand and respect the many different and complicated spheres and relationships in our lives: "Return to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."


WE PRAY FOR MTQ DAILY PRAYER DIARY INTENTIONS:

BIRTHDAY
     GIRLIE UBALDO
     MARIA CARMINA C. ALMONTE

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
     AMORN & CATHERINE JARATRUANGSAENG

Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. 

Have a good day!

**************************************************
These reflections are distributedFREE and are for personal use only. Feel free toSEND the Daily Prayer reflections toYOUR friends, colleagues and relatives; however, if you do, please include the following: 
  +================================================+
   |  The Daily Prayer, a service and an apostolate of the
   |  priests, laity and friends of Mary the Queen Parish
   |  distributed free and for personal use only.  
  +================================================+

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GoogleGroup Address: http://groups.google.com/group/daily_homily
Archive: http://biblereflection.blogspot.com/
To subscribe from this free mailing service, send email to: dailyhomily@earthlink.net
To unsubscribe: daily_homily-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
© 2014 Daily-Homily
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DAILY-HOMILY" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to daily_homily+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?