Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Wednesday 17th Week in Ordinary Time
August 2, 2006
Wednesday 17th Week in Ordinary Time - Yr II
JEREMIAH 15:10, 16-21
Woe to me, mother, that you gave me birth! a man of strife and
contention to all the land! I neither borrow nor lend, yet all curse
me. When I found your words, I devoured them; they became my joy and
the happiness of my heart, Because I bore your name, O LOsRD, God of
hosts. I did not sit celebrating in the circle of merrymakers; Under
the weight of your hand I sat alone because you filled me with
indignation. Why is my pain continuous, my wound incurable, refusing to
be healed? You have indeed become for me a treacherous brook, whose
waters do not abide! Thus the LORD answered me: If you repent, so that
I restore you, in my presence you shall stand; If you bring forth the
precious without the vile, you shall be my mouthpiece. Then it shall be
they who turn to you, and you shall not turn to them; And I will make
you toward this people a solid wall of brass. Though they fight against
you, they shall not prevail, For I am with you, to deliver and rescue
you, says the LORD. I will free you from the hand of the wicked, and
rescue you from the grasp of the violent.
Jesus said to his disciples: "The Kingdom of heaven is like a treasure
buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy
goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the Kingdom
of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a
pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it."
The Kingdom of heaven is like a man who finds a treasure in a field, or
a man who discovers the perfect pearl. In today's Gospel, both of these
men sell all they have, one to buy the field and take possession of the
treasure, the other to purchase the exquisite pearl. The treasure, the
pearl is, of course, Christ. Unfortunately many of us do not see Christ
as our treasure - the most valuable pearl.
For many of us, we've heard stories of Jesus and the Blessed Virgin
Mary from the day we were born. Perhaps our parents brought us to the
belen during Christmas, pointed to Jesus, his mother, St. Joseph and
the shepherds. Christ has been part of our lives since we were young
children. We have grown up with him, we are used to him. Perhaps for
many of us, the stories of his life no longer excite us.
This is a problem of every human relationship. This may be one of the
reasons why so many relationships break up. When a relationship stops
growing, it stagnates. But when we continuously strive to understand
each other, the relationship is kept alive. Such a relationship is
exciting and vibrant.
It is the same with our friendship with Christ. Friendship with Christ
can be found through prayer, through service or even through other
individuals. However, this search should be guided and be motivated not
simply by desire to know Christ more, but by our need to experience his
love and goodness in our lives.
Such is the journey in the pursuit of human friendship. Such is the
journey in the pursuit of friendship with Christ.
We pray ...
- for a deep and profound respect for life, especially for the unborn.
- For the personal intentions of Mary Anne Atencio
- For the personal intentions of Norma B. Bernal
- For the speedy recovery of Charlie Castro
- For the personal intentions speedy recovery Lourdes Barayoga
- For the personal intentions of Pat and Linda Manzon
- For the personal intentions of Domingo Barayoga, Jr.
- For the personal intentions of Glenn and Julie Manzon
- For the personal intentions of Estellita and Buddy Escamilla
- For the personal intentions of Ma. Fe & Tootsie De Castro
- For the personal intentions of Glenda & Joel Bisco
- For the personal intentions of Churchill & Mariecho Barayoga
- For the personal intentions of Mary Ann and Charlie Castro
- For the personal intentions of Kristenelle and Oliver
- For the personal intentions and speedy recovery of Sis. Janet
and Sis. Emely
- For the continued and complete healing of Ding Vidanes
- for the eternal repose of the soul of Domingo Barayoga Sr.
Eternal rest grant unto him and may perpetual light shine upon
Him. May they and all the souls of the dearly departed rest in Peace.
- For all the prayer intentions in the MTQ Dailyprayer Diary
- Birthday: Rachel Mae Ann P. Chua
- Birthday: Marcela Sim
- In Memoriam (+): Anastasia Thobin Pe (1901-1944)
- In Memoriam (+): Josefa D. Lim
- In Memoriam (+): Angel Pe
- In Memoriam (+): Engracia Hollman
- for world peace and reconciliation.
Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our
prayers and for those who need our prayers the most.
Have a good day!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DAILY-HOMILY" group.
To subscribe email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to Daily_Homilyemail@example.com
For more options, visit: http://homily.dailyfoodforthought.org/
Feel free to forward this to your friends, family and associates!
� 2006 Daily-Homily