Monday, June 01, 2015

 

MONDAY, 9TH Week in Ordinary Time

June 1, 2015 MONDAY, 9TH Week in Ordinary Time
ST. JUSTIN, Martyr
Memorial, Red     

Tb 1:3; 2:1a – 8 / Mk 12:1 - 12

[St. Justin (d. 165), a philosopher from Samaria, was martyred in Rome during the persecution of Marcus Aurelius.]

Reading: Tb 1: 3; 2:1a – 8
     I, Tobit, have walked in the ways of truth and justice all the days of my life; I have given many alms to my brethren and to those of my countrymen who were deported with me to Nineveh, a city in the country of the Assyrians.
     When I returned to my house, my wife Anna and my son Tobias were givenBACK to me. I saw the many dishes and said to my son: "Go and bring as many as you can find of our relatives who are in need and who remember the Lord. I will wait here for them." When Tobias returned, he said: "Father, one of ours has been strangled and thrown into the public square." Before I ate anything I hurried out and carried this man into the house and waited till sunset to bury him. When I returnedHOME I washed myself and ate my food in sorrow. I remembered the prophecy which Amos uttered against Bethel: "Your feasts will be turned into mourning. All your songs will be turned into lamentations," and I wept.
     After sunset I went out and, after I had dug a trench, I buried the man. My neighbors mocked me, saying: "He no longer fears to be put to death for doing that; he had to flee but look he is again burying the dead." 
  
Gospel: Mk 12:1 – 12
     Using parables, Jesus went on to say, "A man planted a vineyard, put a fence around it, dug a hole for the wine press and built a watch tower. Then he leased the vineyard to tenants and went abroad.
     "In due time he sent a servant to receive from the tenants his share of the fruit. But they seized the servant, struck him and sent him back empty-handed. Again the man sent another servant. They also struck him on the head and treated him shamefully. He sent another and they killed him. In the same way they treated many others; some they struck and others they killed. One was still left, his beloved son. And so, last of all, he sent him to the tenants, for he said: 'They will respect my son.'
     "But those tenants said to one another: 'This is the one who is to inherit the vineyard. Let's kill him and the property will be ours.' So they seized him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard. Now, what will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy those tenants and give the vineyard to others."
     And Jesus added, "Have you not read this text of the Scriptures: The stone which the builders rejected has become the keystone. This was the Lord's doing; and we marvel at it."
     They wanted to arrest him for they realized that Jesus meant this parable for them, but they were afraid of the crowd. So they left him and went away.

Reflection:
     What was the owner of the vineyard thinking? Why would he send his son in a situation that would put his son in danger? Foolish as this may seem, this was what our heavenly Father did when he sent his only Son, our Lord Jesus Christ to us, who are unfaithful, stubborn, frail, inconsistent and imperfect people.
     God knew what evil we were capable of doing. And yet, instead of destroying us, he chose to embrace us, to love us unconditionally through his Son, so that we may come to realize that he loved us! 
     God's ways are not man's ways. His thoughts are far nobler than any thought our minds could ever imagine. While by our own standards, we are not worthy to be called sons and daughters of the Lord, in the eyes of our God, we are his beloved sons and daughters. We are to be the stones that God has chosen to build his Church. 
     Truly we marvel at his great love and are humbled by his vision for us. What then can we do to return to the Lord all that he has done for us? Is it not then to know him more, to love him ardently so as to serve him better?
 

WE PRAY FOR MTQ DAILY PRAYER DIARY INTENTIONS:

BIRTHDAY
     RACHEL JUNE GONZALEZ
     JONATHAN G. LU

THANKSGIVING
     JONATHAN DOUGLAS UY & KRIS CO

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
     ISABEL & ENGR. JOSEPH LIMCHUTICK

IN MEMORIAM (+)
     PAULINO LIM YU (JUN 17, 1968 – JUN 1, 1991)

Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. 

Have a good day!

**************************************************
These reflections are distributedFREE and are for personal use only. Feel free toSEND the Daily Prayer reflections toYOUR friends, colleagues and relatives; however, if you do, please include the following: 
  +================================================+
   |  The Daily Prayer, a service and an apostolate of the
   |  priests, laity and friends of Mary the Queen Parish
   |  distributed free and for personal use only.  
  +================================================+

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GoogleGroup Address: http://groups.google.com/group/daily_homily
Archive: http://biblereflection.blogspot.com/
To subscribe from this free mailing service, send email to: dailyhomily@earthlink.net
To unsubscribe: daily_homily-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
© 2014 Daily-Homily
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DAILY-HOMILY" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to daily_homily+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?