Thursday, March 26, 2015

 

FRIDAY, 5th Week of Lent

March 27, 2015 FRIDAY, 5th Week of Lent
Violet           
  
Jer 20:10 – 13 / Jn 10:31 - 42

Reading: Jer 20:10 – 13  
     I hear many people whispering, "Terror is all around! Denounce him! Yes, denounce him!" All my friends watch me to see if I will slip: "Perhaps he can be deceived," they say; "then we can get the better of him and have our revenge."
     But Yahweh, a mighty warrior, is with me. My persecutors will stumble and not prevail; that failure will be their shame and their disgrace will never be forgotten. 
     Yahweh, God of hosts, you test the just and probe the heart and mind. Let me see your revenge on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. 
     Sing to Yahweh! Praise Yahweh and say: he has rescued the poor from the clutches of the wicked!

Gospel:  Jn 10:31 - 42 
     The Jews then picked up stones to throw at him;  so Jesus said, "I have openly done many good works among you which the Father gave me to do. For which of these do you stone me?"  
     The Jews answered, "We are not stoning you for doing a good work but for insulting God; you are only a man and you make yourself God."
     Then Jesus replied, "Is this not written in your Law: I said: you are gods? So those who received this word of God were called gods and the Scripture is always true. Then what should be said of the one anointed and sent into the world by the Father? Am I insulting God when I say: 'I am the Son of God'? 
     "If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do them, even if you have no faith in me, believe because of the works I do, and know that the Father is in me and I in the Father."  
     Again they tried to arrest him, but Jesus escaped from their hands. He went away again to the other side of the Jordan, to the place where John had baptized, and there he stayed.  
     Many people came to him and said, "John showed no miraculous signs, but he spoke of this man and everything he said was true."  And many became believers in that place.

Reflection:
     We will know a tree by the fruit it produces. A mango tree will produce mangoes.  A melon plant will produce melons. In a similar way, we know the parents through the children. The children copy and mimic what the parents are. Our works will also determine who is our Father. When we perform works of God, people will know that we have God in us, and that we are children of God. So that when people see the good works in us, they give glory to God. We are baptized Christians and we have received this permanent seal to be living witnesses with our faith. So that when people see how we act, how we behave, how we love, they will know that God exists, that we are children of God. 
     The world may hate us, ridicule us and persecute us for not conforming with the world and all its allurements, but the Holy Spirit will help us endure and remain steadfast in our faith. That is why only faith can produce these good works that Christ is referring to in the Gospel.  By these works of faith, people will know if God is present or not. 


WE PRAY FOR MTQ DAILY PRAYER DIARY INTENTIONS:

BIRTHDAY
     ALFREDO D. MASIGAN

IN MEMORIAM (+)
     ENCARNACION LIM

Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. 

Have a good day!

**************************************************
These reflections are distributed free and are for personal use only. Feel free to send the Daily Prayer reflections to your friends, colleagues and relatives; however, if you do, please include the following: 
  +================================================+
   |  The Daily Prayer, a service and an apostolate of the
   |  priests, laity and friends of Mary the Queen Parish
   |  distributed free and for personal use only.  
  +================================================+

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GoogleGroup Address: http://groups.google.com/group/daily_homily
Archive: http://biblereflection.blogspot.com/
To subscribe from this free mailing service, send email to: dailyhomily@earthlink.net
To unsubscribe: daily_homily-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
© 2014 Daily-Homily
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DAILY-HOMILY" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to daily_homily+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?