Friday, October 21, 2011

 

FRIDAY 29TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME – YEAR I

OCTOBER 21, 2011
FRIDAY 29TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME – YEAR I

Rom 7:18-25 / Ps 119:66, 68, 76, 77, 93, 94 / Lk 12:54-59

ROMANS 7:18-25
I know that what is right does not abide in me, I mean, in my flesh. I
can want to do what is right, but I am unable to do it. In fact I do
not do the good I want, but the evil I hate. Therefore, if I do what I
do not want to do, I am not the one striving towards evil, but Sin
which is in me. I discover, then, this reality: though I wish to do
what is right, the evil within me asserts itself first. My inmost self
agrees and rejoices with the law of God, but I notice in my body
another law challenging the law of the spirit, and delivering me as a
slave to the law of sin written in my members. Alas, for me! Who will
free me from this being which is only death? Let us give thanks to God
through Jesus Christ, our Lord! So, with my conscience I am a servant
of the law of God, and with my mortal body I serve the law of sin.

LUKE 12:54-59
Jesus said to the crowds, "When you see a cloud rising in the west,
you say at once: `A shower is coming.' And so it happens. And when the
wind blows from the south, you say: `It will be hot'; and so it is.
You superficial people! You understand the signs of the earth and the
sky, but you don't understand the present times. "And why do you not
judge for yourselves what is fit? When you go with your accuser before
the court, try to settle the case on the way, lest he drag you before
the judge and the judge deliver you to the jailer, and the jailer
throw you in prison. I tell you, you will not get out until you have
paid the very last penny."

REFLECTION
There is still some time left. We are experts when it comes to warning
other people, expecting people to be prompt, hoping people will take
good advantage of spending the time wisely. We are so good to correct
others, but fail to see our own shortcomings. We can almost see it
coming for others who don't behave or take things for granted. We can
foretell and foresee what will happen to people with their actions,
and yet we ourselves delay and procrastinate when it comes to
ourselves. Make peace with God while there is time. Make amends with
our enemies while we are still alive. With the grace of God present,
we will be able to wriggle out of the punishment due to us if we
should repent and convert. But if we delay and take our time, when the
judgment time comes when we least expect, if we will be found lacking,
we will have to pay the penalty to the fullest extent, and serve our
prison term to the maximum.

The face of God today is the face of mercy. The day will come when
God's face will be the face of judgment in which we will all be judged
accordingly. We have a reprieve today so let us take advantage of the
mercy shown to us and settle with God today, while there is still
time.

PRAYER REQUESTS
We pray …
… for a deep and profound respect for life, especially for the
unborn.
… for the speedy recovery and healing of
- William Ong
- Candido
- Susan
- Jo Marcelo
- Mon Torres
- Linda O, Mary Ann, Kristen, Debbie, Nancy, Maureen, Brian, Michael
G, Frank, Gene
- Gerry Bonoan
- Sister Teresa Carpio
- Ditas dela Paz
… for the personal intentions of
- Pam and Eugene R
- Josheil Dapo
- Raymund Davis
- Cris Davis
- Chito and Mona
- Andrew G
… for the eternal repose of the soul of
- Berni C. Espiritu
Eternal rest grant unto them and may perpetual light shine upon them.
May they and all the dearly departed rest in peace.
… for all the prayer intentions in the MTQ Dailyprayer Diary.
- Birthday: Connie M. Paraan
- Birthday: Nathan W. Lim
- Birthday: Hilarion Uy
- Birthday: Josie Morante
- Birthday: Rev. Fr. Francis Ungria
- Birthday: Paul John Reyes
… for families who are in need of healing
… for world peace and reconciliation.

Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers
and for those who need our prayers the most.

Have a good day!

**************************************************

These reflections are distributed free and are for personal use only.
Feel free to send the Daily Prayer reflections to your friends,
colleagues and relatives; however, if you do, please include the
following:

+================================================+
| The Daily Prayer, a service and an apostolate of the
| priests, laity and friends of Mary the Queen Parish
| http://www.marythequeen.org
| Distributed free and for personal use only.
+================================================+

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GoogleGroup Address: http://groups.google.com/group/daily_homily
To subscribe from this free mailing service, send email to: dailyhomily@earthlink.net
To unsubscribe: daily_homily-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

© 2011 Daily-Homily


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?