Wednesday, July 13, 2011

 

THURSDAY 15TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME – YEAR I

JULY 14, 2011
MEMORIAL, BLESSED KATERI TEKAKWITHA, VIRGIN
THURSDAY 15TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME – YEAR I

Ex 3:11-20 / Ps 105:5, 8-9, 24-25, 26-27 / Mt 11:28-30

EXODUS 3:11-20
Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the
people of Israel out of Egypt?" God replied, "I will be with you and
this will be the sign that I have sent you. When you have brought the
people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain." Moses
answered God, "If I go to the Israelites and say to them: `The God of
your fathers has sent me to you,' they will ask me: `What is his
name?' What shall I answer them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO AM.
This is what you will say to the sons of Israel: `I AM sent me to
you." God then said to Moses, "You will say to the Israelites:
`YAHWEH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac
and the God of Jacob, has sent me.' That will be my name forever, and
by this name they shall call upon me for all generations to come. Go!
Call together the elders of Israel and say to them, `Yahweh, the God
of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of
Jacob appeared to me and said: I have seen and taken account of how
the Egyptians have treated you, and I mean to bring you out of all
this oppression in Egypt and take you to the land of the Canaanites, a
land flowing with milk and honey.' The elders of Israel will listen to
you and, with them, you shall go to the palace of the king of Egypt
and say to him: `The God of the Hebrews, Yahweh, has met with us. Now
let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness to sacrifice to
Yahweh our God.' I well know that the king of the Egyptians will not
allow you to go unless he is forced to do so. I will therefore stretch
out my hand and strike Egypt in extraordinary ways, after which he
will let you go.

MATTHEW 11:28-30
Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who work hard and who carry heavy
burdens and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from
me for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest. For my
yoke is good and my burden is light."

REFLECTION
"Come to me, all you who labor … and I will give you rest." This is an
invitation for us. Today the world is highly characterized by unrest.
Parents are preoccupied with and worried in finding ways to provide
for their children. To those who can provide something, they endeavor
to outdo one another in giving the best, the most modern, and the most
costly of things for their children. The children and the youth are
always busy with activities that satisfy the use of their energy. The
young professionals are focused on climbing up the ladder of success.
All these cases are not problematic in themselves.

However there is an invitation from Jesus which is directed to all of
us, "Come to me all you who labor ... and I will give you rest."

What kind of invitation is Jesus referring to in these words? We hear
of young and not so young people always busy in the field of sports,
of some others very busy and successful in their career in life to be
on the limelight while others are taken up with drugs. There is a race
to outdo one another in all aspects of life. Yet Jesus invites all to
go to him for a certain kind of rest. We are laboring for certain
motives. Jesus invites us all to a kind of rest and relaxation (R and
R) because he finds us laboring in vain. Are our efforts to maintain
our style of life sinful? Let us look at it this way.

In our school the chapel is always open and we have learned and
believed that Jesus is waiting for us every minute of each day but
seldom do we think of going in for a short friendly chat when we are
not busy in activities.

Our physical being needs rest but we never think of Jesus' invitation
to chat with him and tell him of what is happening to us till we are
physically weak or land in the hospital. Yes it's not only the
physical being that needs rest but also our spiritual being. He offers
us his "gentle and humble heart." Do we hear that invitation or shall
we wait till something unpleasant happens to us? "Lord Jesus, help us
to listen to you!"

PRAYER REQUESTS
We pray …
… for a deep and profound respect for life, especially for the
unborn.
… for the speedy recovery and healing of
- Amy Trice
- G, Pat, KD,Kristin,Maria, Ben,Pam,Eugene R,Gene & Frank
- Fr. Luis Sierra, OP
- Manuel Alapide
- Jo Marcelo
- Jun Lee
- Father William VonAllman
… for the personal intentions of
- Andrew
- Nikolai Cortez, Aydin Cortez, Karl Cortez, Maureen Cortez, Rex
Cortez
- Josheil Dapo
… for the eternal repose of the souls of
- Lutgarda Sison Cortez
- Ong Chong Chong
Eternal rest grant unto them and may perpetual light shine upon them.
May they and all the dearly departed rest in peace.
… for all the prayer intentions in the MTQ Dailyprayer Diary.
- Birthday: Rolly Mansanares Cabral
- Birthday: Ma. Teresa Nicolas Cuevas
- Wedding Anniversary: Jonathan & Jocelyn Sarte
… for families who are in need of healing
… for world peace and reconciliation.

Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers
and for those who need our prayers the most.

Have a good day!

**************************************************

These reflections are distributed free and are for personal use only.
Feel free to send the Daily Prayer reflections to your friends,
colleagues and relatives; however, if you do, please include the
following:

+================================================+
| The Daily Prayer, a service and an apostolate of the
| priests, laity and friends of Mary the Queen Parish
| http://www.marythequeen.org
| Distributed free and for personal use only.
+================================================+

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GoogleGroup Address: http://groups.google.com/group/daily_homily
To subscribe from this free mailing service, send email to: dailyhomily@earthlink.net
To unsubscribe: daily_homily-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

© 2011 Daily-Homily


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?