Wednesday, May 27, 2009

 

THURSDAY 7TH WEEK OF EASTER

MAY 28, 2009
THURSDAY 7TH WEEK OF EASTER – YEAR I

ACTS 22:30; 23:6-11
Wishing to determine the truth about why Paul was being accused by the
Jews, the commander freed him and ordered the chief priests and the
whole Sanhedrin to convene. Then he brought Paul down and made him
stand before them. Paul was aware that some were Sadducees and some
Pharisees, so he called out before the Sanhedrin, "My brothers, I am a
Pharisee, the son of Pharisees; I am on trial for hope in the
resurrection of the dead." When he said this, a dispute broke out
between the Pharisees and Sadducees, and the group became divided. For
the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection or angels or spirits,
while the Pharisees acknowledge all three. A great uproar occurred,
and some scribes belonging to the Pharisee party stood up and sharply
argued, "We find nothing wrong with this man. Suppose a spirit or an
angel has spoken to him?" The dispute was so serious that the
commander, afraid that Paul would be torn to pieces by them, ordered
his troops to go down and rescue Paul from their midst and take him
into the compound. The following night the Lord stood by him and said,
"Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in
Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome."

JOHN 17:20-26
Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying: "I pray not only
for these, but also for those who will believe in me through their
word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in
you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you
sent me. And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may
be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be
brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent
me, and that you loved them even as you loved me. Father, they are
your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that
they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before
the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, the world also does not
know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. I made known
to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which
you loved me may be in them and I in them."

REFLECTION
We all come in different shapes and sizes, with different gifts and
talents. Yet, in spite of our differences, God's plan for us is to be
united with Him and in Him, with each other.

Jesus brings about this unity through his Body, the Church. When we
cooperate with God's grace, we are allowing the Holy Spirit to put all
the pieces of the puzzle together. When we sin, we disrupt unity and
put ourselves at risk of being that missing piece of the puzzle. When
Jesus walked this earth 2,000 years ago, he walked in the company of
his disciples. They were the ones whom he physically saw and taught.
He conversed with them, ate with them, and shaped them to be his true
followers. Yet, because he is also God, Jesus saw more than just the
disciples who were with him at that precise moment in history.

In his prayer, he saw every person who would come to know and love him
down through the centuries. Jesus prayed for the things which were
dearest to his heart. He prayed for us. He himself says: "Father, they
are your gift to me." Our faith is life-changing because we believe in
a God who knows and loves us personally. He alone can satisfy all of
our needs.

Jesus has called each one of us to be his intimate friend. He loves us
so much that the life he shares with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
he also shares with us. Let us try to live each day of our lives by
his side and attract others to him by our words and good works.

PRAYER REQUESTS
We pray …
… for a deep and profound respect for life, especially for the
unborn.
… for the healing and speedy recovery of:
- George Jimenez
- Eligia Fernando
… for the safety of Johnson Cuiting
… for the special intentions:
- San Juan de Dios Hospital
- DLSUMC and Magcamits
… for the eternal repose of the souls of
- Juanita M. Bueno
- Fernando Sotelo
Eternal rest grant unto them and may perpetual light shine upon them.
May they and all the dearly departed rest in peace.
… for all the prayer intentions in the MTQ Dailyprayer Diary.
- Birthday: Chelsea Tan
- Birthday: Harry Yu
- Birthday: Teresa Escobar
- Wedding Anniversary: Gabby & Helen Tong
- In Memoriam (+): Jose Y. Sy
- In Memoriam (+): Edmundo Inocentes (Nov 16, 1936-May 28, 2002)
… for the healing and peace of all families

Finally, we pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers
and for those who need our prayers the most.

Have a good day!

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To subscribe email: dailyhomily@gmail.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
daily_homily-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

© 2009 Daily-Homily
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?